1. To be eligible for a ground instructor certificate, you must
a. Be at least 18 years of age.
b. Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English.
practical and theoretical knowledge by passing the Fundamentals of
and the appropriate ground instructor knowledge tests.
1. You are not required to take the FOI knowledge test if you
a. Hold an FAA flight or ground instructor certificate
a current teacher's certificate authorizing you to teach at an educational
level of 7th grade or higher
c. Are employed as a teacher at an accredited college or university
the advanced or basic ground instructor knowledge test, study
Instructor FAA Knowledge Test book.
the instrument ground instructor knowledge test, study Gleim's Instrument Pilot FAA
Knowledge Test book.
2. Ground instructor certificates cover three levels of certification:
a. Basic ground instructor (BGI) may provide
training in the aeronautical knowledge areas required for a
private pilot certificate
2. Ground training required for a recreational or private pilot flight review
3. A recommendation for the recreational or private pilot knowledge test
b. Advanced ground instructor (AGI) may provide:
1. Ground training in the aeronautical knowledge areas required for any certificate or rating
2. Ground training required for any flight review
3. A recommendation for a knowledge test required for any certificate
c. Instrument ground instructor (IGI) may provide:
training in the aeronautical knowledge areas required for an instrument
a pilot or instructor certificate
2. Ground training required for an instrument proficiency check
recommendation for the instrument rating knowledge test for a pilot or
3. If you are not a CFI, the FARs require you to have a ground instructor certificate to teach ground school
only at FAR Part 141 schools or to sign off applicants for the appropriate pilot knowledge test.
Flight School | Flight Training | Alien Flight Training | Flight Instruction | Aircraft Sales | FAA Writtens | Aircraft Maintenance | Aircraft Parts | Cessna Service Center | Cessna Pilot Center | Multi Engine Training | Light Sport Aircraft | High Performance Sign Off | Advanced Pilot Training | Introductory Flight Lessons | FAA Designated Flight Examiner on staff | Sport Aircraft | Sport Flying | Aircraft rentals | Gift Certificates | FAA Medicals | Flight Specials | FAA Safety Seminars | FBO | Pilot Supplies | Sport Cruiser - Light Sport Aviation | Sport Cruiser Sales in Long Island, New York, New Jersey, USA|