1. Be at least 17 years old
2. Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English.
and log ground training from an authorized instructor or training program
the following topics:
b. ATC system and procedures
c. VFR navigation
e. Weight and Balance
f. Operation of aircraft & aircraft systems
g. Use of VFR charts
h. Aviation weather
i. Emergency Procedures & unusual flight attitudes
j. Recognition of critical weather
k. Radio Communications
l. Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
5. Pass the FAA private certificate knowledge test with a score of 70% or better.
6. Accumulate flight experience (FAR 61.109):
1. 3 hrs of cross-country flight training in a single-engine airplane
2. 3 hrs of night flight training, including:
One cross-country training flight of over 100 NM total distance
10 takeoffs and landings to a full stop (each involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at the airport
3. 3 hrs of flight training on the control and maneuvering of the aircraft solely by reference to the flight instruments, including straight and level flight, constant airspeed climbs and descents, turns to a heading, recovery from unusual flight attitudes, radiocommunications and the use of navigation systems/facilities and radar services appropriate to instrument flight
4. 3 hrs of flight training in preparation for the practical test in a single-engine airplane, which must have been performed within 60 days preceding the date of the test
5. Solo Requirements – 10 hrs, consisting of:
a. 5 hrs solo cross-country time
b. One solo cross-country flight of at least 150 NM total distance, with full-stop landings at a minimum of three points and with one segment of the flight consisting of a straight –line distance of at least 50 NM between the takeoff and landing locations.
c. Three solo takeoffs and landings to a full stop at an airport with an operating control tower
7. Pass an oral and practical
flight test, which will be conducted by and FAA designated examiner in
with the FAA Private Pilot Practical Test Standards.
Flight School | Flight Training | Alien Flight Training | Flight Instruction | Aircraft Sales | FAA Writtens | Aircraft Maintenance | Aircraft Parts | Cessna Service Center | Cessna Pilot Center | Multi Engine Training | Light Sport Aircraft | High Performance Sign Off | Advanced Pilot Training | Introductory Flight Lessons | FAA Designated Flight Examiner on staff | Sport Aircraft | Sport Flying | Aircraft rentals | Gift Certificates | FAA Medicals | Flight Specials | FAA Safety Seminars | FBO | Pilot Supplies | Sport Cruiser - Light Sport Aviation | Sport Cruiser Sales in Long Island, New York, New Jersey, USA|