LIGHT SPORT AIRCRAFT Rates
You can obtain a Sport Pilot License in about 3 months for about $5000.
This is ½ the cost and ½ the time of a Private Pilot License.
A Sport Pilot License is for those who wish to fly non-controlled airspace such as Brookhaven (HWV), East Hampton (HTO), Montauk (MTP), Block Island (BID),Cape Cod (PVC), Sullivan Co (MSV), Old Bridge (3N6), Stroudsburg-Pocono (N53) or Sussex, NJ(FWN).
If you would like, we can train you to fly into airports with control towers by adding a few more lessons to the course.
A medical examine is not required, just a valid USA drivers license.
You will train in a Brand New light sport aircraft. Each one hour lesson will cost approximately $130.
The course would consist of:
(15) Hours of Flight Instruction (Pre-solo)
(3) Hours of cross country Flight Instruction
(3) Hours of local supervised solo flight time
(3) Hours of solo cross country flight time
(3) Hours of Flight Instruction in preparation for the FAA Flight Check
There will be an additional cost for training materials, your own personal headset,
and the Examiner’s Flight Test fee.
If you fly every day you will complete the course in much less time than if you only fly once a week.